- AA1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tryptase-1, β-tryptase, tryptase alpha/beta-1, TPSAB1, TPS1, TPS2, TPSB1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Mast Cell Tryptase (β-tryptase) is a neutral serine protease member of the peptidase family S1, composed of four subunits, each with a molecular weight of 32.5 kD. Mast cell tryptase has a role in inflammation and tissue remodeling. It also is a mediator in the pathogenesis of asthma and other allergic and inflammatory disorders by and its contribution to extracellular matrix-degrading processes.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Monkey, Sheep (Ovine), Pig (Swine, Porcine), Cow (Cattle, Bovine), Dog (Canine), Cat (Feline), Horse (Equine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human mast cell tryptase purified from lung tissue.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICFC, ELISA, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemistry. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections
Primary Antibody Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
Antigen Retrieval: Sodium citrate pH6 (Cat# 928601)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: Mast cell tryptase detection in indirect ELISA1 and Western Blot1, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections2,3, and flow cytometric analysis of cells from bronchoalveolar lavage4.
We recommend using our Ultra Streptavidin (USA) HRP Detection Kit (Multi-Species) (Cat# 929601).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Walls AF, et al. 1990. Clin. Exp. Allergy 20:581. (ELISA, WB)
- Walls AF, et al. 1990. J. Pathol. 162:119. (IHC)
- Berger P, et al. 1998. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 157:610. (IHC)
- Redington AE, et al. 2000. Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol. 85:501. (IHC, ICFC)
AB_2566541 (BioLegend Cat. No. 369402)
- Neutral serine protease, member of the peptidase family S1, and a tetramer with a molecular weight of approximately 132 kD.
- Role in inflammation and tissue remodeling and may contribute to extracellular matrix-degrading processes.
- Cell Type
- Mast cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Abdelmotelb AM, et al. 2014. Clin. Exp. Allergy 44:822.
2. Douaiher J, et al. 2014. Adv. Immunol. 122:211.
3. Moreno M, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:e97014.
4. Yavuz ST, et al. 2013. Allergy 68:386.
5. Mangia A, et al. 2011. Histopathology 58:1096.
- Gene ID
- 7177 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Mast Cell Tryptase on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.