- J1119G12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CXCL5 is a member of the CXC family of chemokines, also known as epithelial activated peptide 78 (ENA-78). The precursor of CXCL5 contains 114 amino acids, with a signal peptide of 36 amino acids which is cleaved to generate the 78 amino acid mature protein (8 kD). CXCL5 is expressed by monocytes/macrophages, endothelial cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, epithilial cells, and eosinophils. CXCL5 is an inflammatory cytokine which binds to the cell surface receptor CXCR2 and induces chemotaxis of neutrophils to a target site. High levels of CXCL5 have been associated with prostate, gastric, and pancreatic cancer progression.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Mouse CXCL5
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. A concentration of 1.5 µg/ml of the capture antibody was utilized to generate the example standard curve. It is recommended that the end-user titrate each lot of reagents for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: To measure human CXCL5, this antibody can be used as a capture antibody in sandwich ELISA format and paired with the biotinylated J1119D2 antibody (Cat. No. 526304) as the detection antibody. Recombinant Human CXCL5 (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 573409) can be used as the protein standard.
Note: For measuring human CXCL5 in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human CXCL5 ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plates (Cat. No. 440907 & 440908) is specially developed and recommended.
AB_2563676 (BioLegend Cat. No. 526201)
AB_2563677 (BioLegend Cat. No. 526202)
- Endothelial cells, fibroblasts, neutrophils, monocytes, macrophages, platelets, alveolar type II cells
- CXCL5 chemoattracts and activates neutrophils during inflammation, and it is induced by LPS and inflammatory cytokines. NH2-terminal truncation enhances, whereas citrullination decreases the chemotactic properties of CXCL5.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Neutrophils, Monocytes, Macrophages, Platelets, Eosinophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Walz A, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:1355.
2. Wuyts A, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:6155.
3. Jeyaseelan S, et al. 2005. Am. J. Respir. Cell. Mol. Biol. 32:531.
4. Mei J, et al. 2010. Immunity 33:106.
5. Mortier A, et al. 2010. J. Biol. Chem. 285:29750.
6. Grommes J and Soehnlein O. 2011. Mol. Med. 17:293.
7. Liu Y, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:3197.
8. Kuo PL, et al. 2011. J. Cell. Physiol. 226:1224.
9. Power CA, et al. 1994. Gene. 151:333.
10. Corbett MS, et al. 1994. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 205:612.
- Gene ID
- 6374 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL5 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human CXCL5 (ENA-78)||J1119G12||ELISA Capture|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.