- 3H3C27 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Heat Shock Protein 90 kD Alpha (Cytosolic), Heat Shock 90 kD Protein 1, Beta, Class A Member 1, HSPC1, HSP86, HSP84, HSP89A, HSPCAL4, LAP2, EL52, HSP90B and HSP90N, HSP90, HSP90a
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Hsp90 is one of the most abundant molecular chaperones. It modulates the stability and transport of a diverse set of critical factors, which include regulatory, metabolic, organizational, and signaling proteins. There are two major isoforms: α and β. In humans, the Hsp90β isoform is constitutively expressed, whereas the Hsp90α isoform is expressed under stress conditions. The Hsp90 dimer acts in concert with other chaperones and is regulated by a number of co-chaperones/accessory proteins. The upregulation of Hsp90 is associated with tumor progression, the invasion and formation of metastases, and the development of drug resistance. Therefore, Hsp90 has emerged as an important target for cancer treatment.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human HSP90β recombinant protein (209-488 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 10-30 μg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2565512 (BioLegend Cat. No. 675402)
- Hsp90α: 732 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 85 kD. Hsp90β: 724 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 83 kD.
Nucleus and cytoplasm.
- Hsp90 is one of the most abundant molecular chaperones. It modulates the stability and transport of critical factors that include regulatory, metabolic, organizational, and signaling proteins.
- NR3C1, FKBP4, FKBP5, PPID, PPP5C, STIP1, AHSA1, FNIP1, HSF1, SMYD3, TOM34, TERT, PTGES3, CHORDC1, DNAJC7, STUB1, UBE2N, PPP5C, PPP5C, p53/TP53, and CDK6.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Heat Shock Proteins
- Antigen References
1. Barrott JJ, et al. 2013. FEBS J. 280:1381.
2. Gorska M, et al. 2012. Front. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 17:2269.
3. Barginear MF, et al. 2008. Curr. Cancer Drug Targets 8:522.
4. Arya R, et al. 2007. J. Biosci. 32:595.
5. Neckers L, et al. 2003. Curr. Opin. Oncol. 15:419.
6. Nemoto T, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:26179.
- Gene ID
- 3320 View all products for this Gene ID 3326 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Hsp90alpha/beta on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.