- K3720A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Heat Shock Protein 90kD Alpha (Cytosolic), Heat Shock 90 kD Protein 1, Beta, Class
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Hsp90 is one of the most abundant molecular chaperones. It modulates the stability and transport of a diverse set of critical factors, including regulatory, metabolic, organizational, and signaling proteins. There are two major isoforms: α and β. In humans, the Hsp90β isoform is constitutively expressed, whereas the Hsp90α isoform is expressed under stress conditions. The Hsp90 dimer acts in concert with other chaperones and is regulated by a number of co-chaperones/accessory proteins. Upregulation of Hsp90 is associated with tumor progression, invasion and formation of metastases, and development of drug resistance. Therefore Hsp90 has emerged as an important target for cancer treatment.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Amino acids 291-304 of human HSP90α and β
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
- Matsusaka T. 1996. Jpn. J. Oral. Biol. 38:633.
- Nemoto T, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:26179. (ELISA)
- Nemoto T, et al. 1997. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Int. 42:881.
AB_2564179 (BioLegend Cat. No. 661802)
- Hsp90Î±: 732 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of approximately 85 kD. Hsp90ß: 724 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of approximately 83 kD.
Cytoplasmic and nuclear.
- Hsp90 is one of the most abundant molecular chaperones. It modulates the stability and transport of a diverse set of critical factors, including regulatory, metabolic, organizational, and signaling proteins.
- NR3C1, FKBP4, FKBP5, PPID, PPP5C, STIP1, AHSA1, FNIP1, HSF1, SMYD3, TOM34, TERT, PTGES3, CHORDC1, DNAJC7, STUB1, UBE2N, PPP5C, PPP5C, p53/TP53 and CDK6
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Barrott JJ, et al. 2013. FEBS J. 280:1381.
2. Gorska M, et al. 2012. Front. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 17:2269.
3. Barginear MF, et al. 2008. Curr. Cancer Drug Targets. 8:522.
4. Arya R, et al. 2007. J. Biosci. 32:595.
5. Neckers L, et al. 2003. Curr. Opin. Oncol. 15:419.
6. Nemoto T, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272: 26179.
- Gene ID
- 3320 View all products for this Gene ID 3326 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Hsp90alpha/beta on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.