- 8A7-G10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Chromosome 14 Open Reading Frame 169, ROX, hsNO66, NO66, Nucleolar Protein 66, Ribosomal Oxygenase NO66, MAPJD
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Histone Lysine Demethylase (NO66) is an oxygenase that can act as both a histone lysine demethylase and a ribosomal histidine hydroxylase. It specfically demethylates 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) and 'Lys-36' (H3K36me) of histone H3, thereby playing a central role in the histone code.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein consisting of NO66 protein fragment (aa 423-427) and Hepatitis B virus capsid protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2566002 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844902)
- 641 amino acids; 71 kD.
- Nucleus, nucleolus, and nucleoplasm.
- Preferentially demethylates trimethylated H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me3) and momomethylated H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me1) residues, while it has weaker activity for dimethylated H3 'Lys-36' (H3K36me2). Also catalyzes the hydroxylation of 60S ribosomal protein L8 on 'His-216' and acts as a regulator of osteoblast differentiation via its interaction with SP7/OSX by demethylating H3K4me and H3K36me, thereby inhibiting SP7/OSX-mediated promoter activation (by similarity). May also play a role in ribosome biogenesis and in the replication or remodeling of certain heterochromatic region. Participates in MYC-induced transcriptional activation.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Vasilatos S, et al. 2013. Carcinogenesis 34:1196.
2. Iwamori N, et al. 2011. Biol. Reprod. 84:1225.
3. Tao Y, et al. 2013. J. Biol. Chem. 288:16430.
- Gene ID
- 79697 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NO66 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.