- CPTC-Gelsolin-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GSN, AGEL, Actin-depolymerizing factor, ADF, Brevin, Epididymis Secretory Sperm Binding Protein, Amyloidosis, Finnish Type
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
After severing, gelsolin remains bound to the barbed end of the actin filament, preventing the reannealing of severed filaments. Gelsolin is crucial for the maintenance of actin homeostasis. Cells from gelsolin null mice exhibit a variety of defects, such as pronounced stress fibers formation, defective chemotaxis, and wound healing. Dysfunction of Gelsolin has been indicated in multiple diseases include cancer, infection, inflammation, cardiac injury, pulmonary disease, and neurodegeneration. Gelsolin is proteolytically cleaved and rendered inactive in Alzheimer’s disease (AD). Overexpression of gelsolin significantly reduces amyloid beta load in brains of AD transgenic mice.Product Details
- Human, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full-length gelsolin protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2810787 (BioLegend Cat. No. 866501)
AB_2810788 (BioLegend Cat. No. 866502)
- Human gelsolin is a 782 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 86 kD.
Tissue distribution: Central nervous system, phagocytic cells, platelets, fibroblasts, non-muscle cells, smooth and skeletal muscle cells.
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton and extracellular
- Gelsolin is a calcium-binding, actin-modulating protein. It can promote the assembly of actin monomers into filaments as well as sever actin filaments.
- Interacts with actin and fibronectin. Identified in a complex composed of ACTA1, COBL, GSN AND TMSB4X.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Microglia, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins
- Antigen References
- Ji L, et al. 2015. J Alzheimers Dis. 44(1):13-25
- Asch HL, et al. 1996. Cancer Res. 56(21):4841-5.
- Sun HQ, et al. 1999. J Biol Chem. 274(47):33179-82.
- Ji L, et al. 2009. J Alzheimers Dis. 18(1):105-11.
- Gene ID
- 2934 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Gelsolin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.