- FYN-59 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tyrosine kinase p59fyn, Protein-tyrosine kinase fyn, Proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase fyn
- Mouse IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Fyn is a 59 kD protein tyrosine kinase and a member of the src subfamily. There are two reported isoforms of Fyn; FynT found in T cells, B cells and thymocytes, and FynB found in neuronal cells. Fyn has been shown to control cell growth, interact with the p85 subunit of PI3K, control high affinity IgE receptor-mediated mast cell degranulation, and participate in neuronal cell signaling. Fyn can be activated by T cell receptor engagement or anti-CD3 ligation. Fyn is known to be modified by phosphorylation and palmitoylation and has been shown to interact with Fyn binding protein, p85 PI3K, high affinity IgE receptor, and NCAM140. The FYN-59 monoclonal antibody recognizes human and mouse Fyn and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunohistochemistry.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human Fyn (aa 7-176) expressed in E coli
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store antibody solution undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 0.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Laird RM, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:6518. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2108785 (BioLegend Cat. No. 626501)
AB_2278824 (BioLegend Cat. No. 626502)
- Protein tyrosine kinase family, src subfamily. Isoforms fynT, fynB, 59 kD
FynT T cells, thymocytes, B cells; fynB neuronal cells
- Controls cell growth, interacts with p85 subunit of PI3K. Involved in high affinity IgE receptor-mediated mast cell degranulation
- Fyn binding protein, p85 PI3K, high affinity IgE receptor, NCAM140
- Phosphorylation, Palmitoylation
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Goldsmith J, et al. 2002. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 298:501.
2. Prasad K, et al. 1993. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90:7366.
3. Kawakami T, et al. 1986. Mol. Cell. Biol. 6:4195.
- Activated by TCR engagement or anti-CD3
- Gene ID
- 2534 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Fyn on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.