- W19323A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FLNB, ABP-280, ABP-278, TABP, TAP, Larsen Syndrome 1 (Autosomal Dominant) , Actin Binding Protein 278, Thyroid Autoantigen , Filamin Homolog 1, Filamin B, Beta ABP-280 Homolog, Beta-Filamin, Filamin-B, Filamin-3
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Filamin B is an actin-binding protein that functions as a scaffold protein linking the cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane. It is required for receptor-mediated signal transduction and is a key regulator of intracellular signaling through its cross-linking and anchoring of actin, which allows for communication between the cell membrane, transmembrane receptors, and the cytoskeletal network. As a scaffold protein, it plays a vital role in membrane stability, cell migration, ion channel transport, mechano-transduction, and tissue morphogenesis. In endothelial cells, Filamin B is crucial to vascular development and endothelial cell motility and migration, which it accomplishes through its role as a scaffold between RAC-1 and VAV-2. Vital to skeletal development, cartilage development, and mineral absorption, FLNB (gene encoding Filamin B) mutations or deficiencies result in skeletal malformations, including joint dislocation, scoliosis, spondylocarpotarsal synostosis, Larsen syndrome, and atelosteogenesis. In cancers, Filamin B may regulate tumorigenesis and cancer cell apoptosis, transcription, and alternative splicing. Deficiencies in FLNB expression result in tumor growth and metastasis.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic human Filamin B peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using HeLa cells fixed with 4% PFA and permeabilized with either methanol or Triton X-100. No staining was observed with either method.
This clone failed to adequately enrich Filamin B from HeLa whole cell extracts.
AB_2890863 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942401)
AB_2890863 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942402)
- Filamin B is a 2,602 amino acid protein with an expected molecular weight of 278 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed/ Cytoskeleton
- Actin binding
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Structure
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins
- Antigen References
1. Baudier J, et al. 2018. J. Cell. Sci. 131:8.
2.Del Valle-Perez B, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 285:10748.
3. Lu J, et al. 2007. Hum. Mol. Genet. 16:1661.
4. Ma H, et al. 2020. Oncol. Rep. 43:1536
- Gene ID
- 2317 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Filamin B on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.