- W16207A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- F-box only protein 7
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
F-box only protein 7 (FBXO7) is involved in the ubiquitination process during protein degradation. FBXO7 is a subunit of the SCF (SKP1/cullin‐1/F‐box protein) complex. The scaffold proteins cullin‐1 and SKP1, the RING subunit Rbx1 together with the substrate‐recruiting subunit FBXO7 form a functional E3 ubiquitin ligase. FBXO7 is implicated in Parkinson’s disease. In addition to reduced proteasome activity, loss of FBXO7 in mice leads to Parkinsonism-like phenotype. Human FBXO7 is mainly localized to the nucleus, while the mutation observed in patients with parkinsonian-pyramidal syndrome leads to impaired nuclear localization of this protein.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human FBXO7 recombinant protein (1-250 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is specific for human FBXO7 and does not cross-react with rat or mouse FBXO7, verified by western blot. The two bands observed in western blot potentially indicate the two isoforms of FBXO7.
AB_2734650 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853501)
AB_2734651 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853502)
- FBXO7 is a 522 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~60 kD.
Tissue distribution: FBXO7 is ubiquitously expressed in the many tissues including brain and muscle.
Cellular distribution: Cytoplasmic and nucleus.
- FBXO7 is involved in the ubiquitin-proteasome system, and defects in FBXO7 cause Parkinson's disease-like phenotypes.
- FBXO7 interacts with the members of the SCF (SKP1/cullin‐1/F‐box protein) complex.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
- Vingill S, et al. 2016. EMBO J. 35: 2008-25.
- Zhao T, et al. 2011. PLoS One. 6:e16983.
- Zhou ZD, et al. 2015. Hum. Mol. Genet. 24:6314-30.
- Gene ID
- 25793 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FBXO7 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-FBXO7||W16207A||WB, ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.