- 10C4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- RNA polymerase II transcription factor SIII p18 subunit, transcription elongation factor B polypeptide 2, TCEB2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Elongin B (also known as RNA polymerase II transcription factor SIII p18 subunit and transcription elongation factor B polypeptide 2) is a member of the UbH family containing a ubiquitin-like domain. Elongin functions as a subunit of a general transcription elongation factor that increases RNA polymerase II transcription elongation past template-encoded arresting sites in the nucleus. The Elongin BC complex acts as adaptor to link Elongin A, VHL, WSB1 or SOCS1 with a module of CUL2 or CUL5 and RBX1 to form E3 ubiquitin ligases. Clone 10C4 recognizes the human elongin B protein and is useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length recombinant protein
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2201267 (BioLegend Cat. No. 629302)
- UbH family, ubiquitin-like domain, heterotrimer; Human Elongin B has two isoforms with predicted MW of 13kD and 18kD
- Regulatory subunit of a general transcription elongation factor that increases RNA polymerase II transcription elongation past template-encoded arresting sites
- Elongin BC complex acts as adaptor to link Elongin A, VHL, WSB1 or SOCS1 with a module of CUL2 or CUL5 and RBX1 to form E3 ubiquitin ligases
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, DNA Repair/Replication, Transcription Factors, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Antigen References
1. Duan D, et al. 1995. Science. 269:1402.
2. Stebbins C, et al. 1999. Science. 284:455.
3. Brower C, et al. 2002. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99:10353.
4. DeRenzo C, et al. 2003. Nature. 424:685.
- Gene ID
- 6923 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Elongin B on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Elongin B Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Elongin B||10C4||WB,IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.