- W19410A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Eukaryotic Translation Elongation Factor 2, Polypeptidyl-tRNA Translocase, Epididymis Secretory Sperm Binding Protein
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
eEF2 is a eukaryotic elongation factor required for GTP-dependent ribosomal translocation and is negatively regulated by eEF2 kinase. In response to elevated cytosolic calcium, calmodulin binds to and stimulates eEF2 kinase activity, stimulating phosphorylation and inactivation of eEF2 elongation function. Hippocampal tissue from Alzheimer’s patients display hyperphosphorylation of eEF2 at threonine 56 compared to age-matched controls. Emerging studies also show that sub-psychomimetic doses of ketamine, which is used as a rapid-acting anti-depressant, result in a block of NMDAR and deactivation of eEF2 kinase, leading to reduced phosphorylation of eEF2 and increased eEF2-dependent translation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human eEF2 protein
- Phosphate buffer, 0.5% BSA, 0.09% NaN3, bottle antibody at 0.1 mg/mL
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-P, IP, KO/KD-WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is a 1:8000 dilution. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution of 1:100 dilution is recommended. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution of 1:100 dilution is suggested. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 25 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
When used for western blotting, W19410A antibody concentrations exceeding 0.0125 µg/mL may produce non-specific binding.
Clone W9410A was tested for ICC using the following fixation-permeabilization methods: 4% PFA + Triton X-100, 4% PFA + methanol, and methanol-only. All of these methods were compatible with eEF2 staining.
BioLegend offers two sizes (25 and 100 µL0 for W19410A. If using this clone for immunoprecipitation, we recommend purchasing the 100 µL size to ensure sufficient material for the application.
AB_2904459 (BioLegend Cat. No. 947601)
AB_2904459 (BioLegend Cat. No. 947602)
- eEF2 is an 858 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 95 kD.
- Protein translation elongation factor
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Protein Synthesis
- Antigen References
1. Ryazanov AG, et al. 1991. FEBS. Lett. 285: 170.
2. Autry AE, et al. 2011. Nature. 475: 91.
3. Beckelman BC, et al. 2019. J. Clin. Invest. 129: 820.
- Gene ID
- 1938 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about eEF2 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-eEF2 Antibody||W19410A||WB, IHC-P, ICC, IP, KO/KD-WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.