- 9F1B20 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- DEAD box protein 58, RIG-I-like receptor 1 (RLR-1), Retinoic acid-inducible gene 1 protein (RIG-1)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
DDX58, also named RIG-1, is a member of the DExD/H-box-containing RNA helicase family. DDX58 was first reported as a retinoic acid-inducible gene and subsequently characterized as a pattern recognition receptor (PRR). DDX58 is responsible for sensing cytosolic viral RNA and has been shown to initiate innate antiviral immune responses. DDX58 is composed of two caspase recruitment domains (CARDs), a helicase domain, and a C-terminal regulatory domain (CTD). In response to virus infections, the DDX58 CTD domain binds 5'-triphosphorylated dsRNA, which induces multimerization of DDX58 with the adaptor molecule MAVS on the mitochondria through the CARD domains. MAVS transduces the signal to activate downstream transcription factors, such as IRF-3, IRF-7, and NF-κB, leading to production of proinflammatory cytokines and type I interferons.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial DDX58 recombinant protein (1-228 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2564246 (BioLegend Cat. No. 662302)
- 925 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 107 kD. Contains two CARD domains, one RNA helicase domain and one CTD domain.
- DDX58 is a RNA helicase participating in the innate immune responses during viral infection. It acts as a cytoplasmic sensor of viral RNA and activates the production of proinflammatory cytokines and type I interferons.
- DDX58 forms homodimers upon binding to viral double stranded (ds) RNA. Interacts with TMEM173, DHX58, TRIM25, NLRC5, and MAVS.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Goubau D, et al. 2013. Immunity. 38:855.
2. Zhang HX, et al. 2013. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 110:6459.
3. Wang Y, et al. 2013. Innate Immun. 19:193.
4. Oshiumi H, et al. 2012. J. Biochem. 151:5.
5. Kolakofsky D, et al. 2012. RNA. 18:2118.
6. Schlee M, et al. 2010. Mol. Ther. 18:1254.
- Gene ID
- 23586 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DDX58 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.