- 74.1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Dynein light chain roadblock-type 1, Roadblock-1, ROBL/LC7-like 1, bithoraxoid-like protein, roadblock domain containing 1, dynein-associated protein Km23, cytoplasmic dynein light chain 2A, dynein light chain 2A, cytoplasmic
Covance Catalog# MMS-400P
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Dyneins are motor proteins that transport various cellular cargo along cytoskeletal microtubules in eukaryotic cells. Dynein has the same basic structures in all cell types and is composed of two or three distinct heavy chains (450 kD), three intermediate chains (70-125 kD), and at least four light chains (15-25 kD). The cytoplasmic dynein intermediate chain is thought to be involved in linking dynein to cargos and to adapter proteins that regulate dynein function.Product Details
- Vertebrates, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against purified bovine brain cytoplasmic dynein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 µg per ml (1:1000). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 4.0 - 10.0 μg/ml (1:100-1:250) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunoblotting and immunoprecipitation (IP).
*Predicted MW = 74 kD. This antibody is known not to react in squid and nematode.
Clone 74.1 reacts with all isoforms from both rat IC74 genes. The antigenic site is believed to be located in the conserved amino-terminal 60 amino acids. Clone 74.1 has been shown to inhibit the activity of cytoplasmic dynein.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Miller MG, et al. 1999. Biol Reprod. 60:1047.
- Dillman JF, et al. 1996. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 93:141.
- Pfister KK, et al. 1996.J Biol Chem. 271:1687.
- Dillman JF, et al. 1994. J Cell Biol. 127:1671.
- Combs J, et al. 2006. PNAS. 103:14883.
- Chen JL, et al. 2005. J Cell Biol. 169:383. (IP) PubMed
- Burakov A, et al. 2008. Traffic. 9:472.
- Payne C, et al. 2003. J Cell Sci. 116:4727. (ICC) PubMed
- Semenova I, et al. 2014. Mol Biol Cell. 25:3119. (WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565044 (BioLegend Cat. No. 904901)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Gene ID
- 83658 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cytoplasmic Dynein Intermediate Chain on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.