- C-46 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Keratin 7/keratin17, Keratin 7/17
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Cytokeratins are proteins that are involved in the cytoskeleton. The cytokeratin proteins are heterotetramers composed of two type I and two type II subunits. Cytokeratin 17 is a type I protein and cytokeratin 7 is a type II intermediate filament protein, each protein contains three coiled-coil domains. Cytokeratin 7 has an approximate molecular weight of 54 kD; cytokeratin 17 has an approximate molecular weight of 46 kD. Cytokeratin 17 is expressed in the basal cells of complex epithelia, but not in stratified or simple epithelia. Cytokeratin 7 is expressed in the epidermis, bronchus, and mesothelium but not in the colon, exocervix or liver. Mutations in cytokeratin 17 have been shown to result in pachyonychia congenital. Cytokeratin 17 has been shown to interact with the EGF receptor. Cytokeratin 7 has been shown to interact with the EGF receptor and heat shock protein 70 kD1A. The C-46 monoclonal antibody recognizes human, bovine and porcine (but not mouse, rat, or rabbit) cytokeratin 7 and cytokeratin 17 and is useful for Western blotting.This antibody has also been reported to be useful for immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry (paraffin sections), and immunocytochemistry.Product Details
- Human, Bovine, Porcine
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Cytoskeleton preparation derived from Hela cells
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, IHC-P, ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 1.25 - 5.0 µg antibody per 5 ml (1:500 - 1:2000) antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone C-46 does not react with Mouse, Rat, or Rabbit.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Vojtesek B, et al. 1990. Neoplasma 37:333.
AB_439777 (BioLegend Cat. No. 628702)
- Type I (cytokeratin 17) and type II (cytokeratin 7) intermediate filament protein, contains three coiled-coil domains. Cytokeratins are heterotetramers composed of two type I and two type II keratins. Cytokeratin 7 has an approximate molecular weight of 5
Cytokeratin 17 is expressed in the basal cells of complex epithelia, but not in stratified or simple epithelia. Cytokeratin 7 is expressed in the epidermis, bronchus, and mesothelium but not in the colon, exocervix or liver.
- Intermediate filament protein involved with the cytoskeleton. Mutations in cytokeratin 17 have been shown to result in pachyonychia congenita
- Cytokeratin 17 has been shown to interact with the EGF receptor. Cytokeratin 7 has been shown to interact with the EGF receptor and heat shock protein 70 kD1A.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Glass C, et al. 1988. J. Cell Biol. 107:1337.
2. Troyanovsky SM, et al. 1992. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 59:127.
3. Terrinoni A, et al. 2001. J. Invest. Dermatol. 117:1391.
- Gene ID
- 3855 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cytokeratin 7/17 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.