- Poly6341 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Caspase 3 preproprotein, Casp3, cpp32, Apopain, Yama, PARP cleavage protease, SREBP cleavage activity 1
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|634101||125 µl (5 Western Blots)||76,00€|
Caspase 3 is a member of the peptidase family C14. This cytoplasmic caspase functions as a heterotetramer and has two isoforms (one acts as a dominant negative inhibitor). The pro-form of this caspase is approximately 32 kD. Caspase 3 is involved in the caspase activation cascade responsible for apoptosis execution. Caspase 3 is inhibited by c-IAP1, c-IAP2, XIAP, survivin, and Livin and activated by Caspase 6, -8 , and -10, granzyme B, Apaf-1 by cleavage into large p17 and small p12 subunits. Caspase 3 has been shown to cleave PARP, huntingtin, androgen receptor, atrophin-1, DNA- PKcs, D4-GDI, hnRNPs C1/C2, U1snRNP, PKC delta, ATM, fodrin, gelsolin, ICAD, RIP, X-IAP, STAT1, topoisomerase I, vimentin, Rb, lamin B, mdm2, and β-catenin. The poly6341 antibody has been shown to be useful for western blotting, immunoprecipitation and immunohistochemistry of human Human caspase-3 precursor.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Peptide mapping to the amino terminal domain of human caspase-3 prescursor
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% gelatin.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. DO NOT FREEZE.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting suggested working dilution(s): Use 25µl per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
- Product Citations
AB_2069874 (BioLegend Cat. No. 634101)
- Peptidase family C14, heterotetramer. Two isoforms, pro-Casp3 32 kD
- Active heterodimers between large p17 subunit and small p11 subunit of Casp7 and vice versa. Cleaves PARP, huntingtin, androgen receptor, atrophin-1, DNA- PKcs, D4-GDI, hnRNPs C1/C2, U1snRNP, PKC delta, ATM, fodrin, gelsolin, ICAD, RIP, X-IAP, STAT1, topo
- Involved in caspase activation cascade responsible for apoptosis execution. Cleaves/activates SREBPs, Casp6, Casp7, Casp9
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Goldberg Y, et al. 1996. Nat. Genet. 13:442.
2. Fernandes-Alnemri T, et al. 1996. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:7464.
3. Slee E, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:7320.
4. Woo M, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:1016.
- Inhibited by dominant negative isoform, c-IAP1, c-IAP2, XIAP, survivin, Livin. Activated when cleaved by Casp6, -8, -10, granzyme B, Apaf-1 into large p17 and small p12 subunits
- Gene ID
- 12367 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Caspase-3 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.