- 16C12B70 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha, C/EBP-A
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The CCAAT-enhancer binding proteins (C/EBP) are members of the basic region/leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factors, that bind to the consensus CCAAT sequence in DNA. C/EBPα is expressed in two isoforms: p42 and p30 by ultilizing different translational start codons. The C/EBPα p30 isoform has little to no transactivating activity and acts as an inhibitor. C/EBPα regulates expression of various myeloid-specific genes and is required for myeloid differentiation. C/EBPα has been found to play a key role in adipogenesis, since inhibition of C/EBPα blocks adipocyte differentiation. C/EBPα also regulates cell cycle progression through interactions with cyclin-dependent kinases (CDK) and by inducing the expression of CDK inhibitor p21. Mutations in the C/EBPα gene are associated with the development of acute myeloid leukemia.Product Details
- Human, Mouse (weak)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide (AKQLALAGLFPYQPPPP) conjugated to KLH.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2564224 (BioLegend Cat. No. 662102)
- 358 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 38 kD; contains a bZIP domain responsible for DNA binding.
- C/EBPα is a bZIP transcription factor that regulates proliferation and differentiation of myeloid cells and adipocytes.
- C/EBPα forms heterodimers with C/EBPβ and γ; interacts with CDK2, CDK4, PRDM16, UBN1, and ZNF638.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. De Obaldia ME, et al. 2013. Nat. Immunol. 14:1277.
2. Di Tullio A, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 108:17016.
3. Fan HY, et al. 2011. Mol. Endocrinol. 25:253.
4. Cai DH, et al. 2008. Oncogene. 27:2772.
5. Khanna-Gupta A. 2008. Blood Cells Mol. Dis. 41:77.
6. Janardhan HP. 2008. Sci. Signal. 1:jc2.
- Gene ID
- 1050 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about C/EBPalpha on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.