- QA18A68 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Rabbit IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Amyloid beta (Aβ or Abeta) denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids in length that are crucially involved in Alzheimer's disease as the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer patients. The peptides result from the amyloid precursor protein (APP), which is cut by certain enzymes to yield Aβ. Aβ molecules can aggregate to form oligomers (known as "seeds") which are believed to be able to induce other Aβ molecules to also take the misfolded oligomeric form, leading to a chain reaction akin to a prion infection. The seeds or the resulting amyloid plaques are toxic to nerve cells. The other protein implicated in Alzheimer's disease, tau protein, also forms such prion-like misfolded oligomers, and there is some evidence that misfolded Aβ can induce tau to misfold.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant fragment of human beta-amyloid 1-38
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
Direct ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For Direct ELISA applications, a concentration of 31 ng/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2924612 (BioLegend Cat. No. 605452)
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Watts J, et al. 2014. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 111:10323-8.
- Munter L, et al. 2010. J Biol Chem. 285:21636-43
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid x-38 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All β-Amyloid x-38 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-β-Amyloid, x-38 Recombinant Antibody||QA18A68||Direct ELISA|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.