- W16153A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Aurora kinase B, AURKB, Aurora 1, Aurora- and IPL1-like midbody-associated protein 1 (AIM-1), Aurora/IPL1-related kinase 2 (ARK-2), STK-1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Aurora B, also known as AURKB, is a member of the Aurora family of Serine/Threonine protein kinases. The expression level of Aurora B is dramatically increased during the S/G2/M phases of the cell cycle. Aurora B plays a critical role in cell division and chromosome-microtubule interactions during mitosis. Aurora B forms the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC) together with INCENP, Survivin, and Borealin and functions to ensure faithful chromosome segregation. The CPC localizes to the kinetochores from prophase to metaphase and migrates to the central spindle and the midbody during telophase. Aurora B phosphorylates Histone H3 at residues Serine 53 and Serine 28 during prophase, leading to the dissociation of HP1 from chromatin and condensation of chromosome. Aurora B was found to be overexpressed in several malignant cancers and is involved in promoting tumor development and progression.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Aurora B recombinant protein (1-150 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 2.0 µg per ml (1:250-1:2500 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 5.0 μg/ml (1:100-1:1000 dilution) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone has no cross-reactivity with mouse (in house tested).
This clone can weakly recognize isoform 2 (34kD) of Aurora B.
AB_2687266 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698002)
- 344 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 39.3 kD. Contains a Serine/Threonine kinase domain.
Nucleus, chromosome, mitotic spindle, midbody.
- Aurora B is a Serine/Threonine protein kinase belonging to the Aurora kinase family. It plays an important role in cell division by regulating mitosis and cytokinesis.
- Forms the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC) with INCENP, Survivin, and Borealin. Interacts with RACGAP1, CDCA1, EVI5, JTB, NDC80, PSMA3, SEPT1, SIRT2, TACC1, SPDYC, p53/TP53, NOC2L, TTC28, and RNF2/RING1B.
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Abe Y, et al. 2016. Dev. Cell. 36:487.
2. Ritter A, et al. 2015. Cell Cycle. 14:3755.
3. Park H, et al. 2014. Cell Cycle. 13:2391.
4. Hegyi K, Méhes G. 2012. Pathol. Oncol. Res. 18:761.
5. Carmena M, et al. 2009. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 21:796.
6. Shannon KB, et al. 2002. Curr. Biol. 12:R458.
- Gene ID
- 9212 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Aurora B on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.