- YN1/1.7.4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ICAM-1, Ly-47
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD54 is a 90 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member also known as ICAM-1 and Ly-47. It is expressed on activated endothelial cells, high endothelial venules (HEV), T and B cells, monocytes/ macrophages, granulocytes, and dendritic cells. CD54 is an important intracellular adhesion molecule that participates in T cell-T cell, T cell-B cell, and T cell-target cell interactions via binding of LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18). CD54 has also been shown to be involved in lymphocyte trafficking, making it an important molecule in many immune reactions and inflammation. CD54 is also a receptor for rhinovirus. The YN1/1.7.4 antibody has been reported to block binding of mouse CD54 to LFA-1 and Mac-1, inhibit cell-cell adhesion, and function in antigen presentation to T cells and leukocyte migration to inflammatory tissues.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse NS-1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is =0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro and in vivo blocking of cell-cell adhesion and CD54 functions1,2,4, immunohistochemical staining3 of acetone-fixed frozen sections, immunoprecipitation4, and Western blotting (non-reducing). The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 116131-116136).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kumaska T, et al. 1996. J. Clin. Invest. 97:2362. (Block)
- Horley KJ, et al. 1989. EMBO J. 8:2889. (Block)
- Burns AR, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3189. (IHC)
- Takei F, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 134:1403. (Block, IP)
- Sumagin R, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:5242. PubMed
- Bankoti J, et al. 2010. Toxicol. Sci. 115:422. (FC) PubMed
- Seidler DG, et al. 2011 J. Immunol. 187:6108. PubMed
- Chacko AM, et al. 2011. Curr Opin Colloid Interface Sci. 16:215. PUbMed
- El-Assaad F, et al. 2013. Infect Immun. 81:3984. PubMed
- Greineder CF, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 14:80110. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2715951 (BioLegend Cat. No. 116123)
AB_2715952 (BioLegend Cat. No. 116124)
- Ig superfamily, 90 kD
Activated endothelial cells, high endothelial venules, T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, dendritic cells
- Immune reaction, inflammation, adhesion
- CD11a/CD18 (LFA-1) or CD11b/CD18 (Mac-1) and CD11c/CD18, CD43, hyaluronan, fibrinogen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Springer TA. 1990. Nature 346:425.
3. Rothlein R, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:1270.
- Gene ID
- 15894 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD54 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.