- 281-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD138, a member of the syndecan protein family, is a type I integral membrane heparin sulfate proteoglycan also known as Syndecan-1. Syndecan-1 participates in cell proliferation, cell migration, and cell matrix adhesion via interaction with collagen, fibronectin, and other soluble molecules (such as FGF-basic). It is expressed on normal and malignant plasma cells, pre-B cells, mesenchymal cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse mammary gland epithelial cell line NMuMG
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is = 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue3 and formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue4 and immunofluorescent staining2,3.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jalkanen M, et al. 1985. J. Cell. Biol. 101:976. (FC)
- Miettinen H, et al. 1994. J. Cell. Sci. 107:1571. (IF)
- Li Q, et al. 2002. Cell 111:635. (IF, IHC)
- McCarthy BA, et al. 2012. BMC Cancer. 12:203. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2561600 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142509)
AB_2561601 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142510)
- Transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycan; member of the syndecan proteoglycan family, 100-200 kD
- Cell adhesion, cell motility, cell migration, cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zong F, et al. 2011. PLoS ONE 6:e14816.
2. Yamashita Y, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5940.
3. Sanderson RD, et al. 1989. Cell. Regul. 1:27.
- Gene ID
- 20969 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD138 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.