- 2G12A41 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL22, IL-D110, IL-TIF, ILTIF, MGC79382, MGC79384, TIFIL-23, TIFa, zcyto18
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-22 is a cytokine that is structurally related to IL-10. Originally identified as a murine gene induced by IL-9 in T and mast cells, IL-22 was initially designated ILTIF, also known as the IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor. IL-22 belongs to a family of cytokines with limited homology specifically to IL-10, IL-19, IL-20, IL-24, IL-26, the IFN-λs, IL-28A, IL-28B, and IL-29. Human IL-22 shares 79% amino acid identity with murine IL-22 and 25% identity with human IL-10. IL-22 biological activity is initiated by binding to a cell surface complex composed of IL-22R1 and IL-10R2 receptor chains. Its activity is further regulated through interactions with the soluble binding protein, IL-22BP, which shares sequence similarity with an extracellular region of IL-22R1 (sIL-22R1). Both chains of the IL-22R complex belong to the class II cytokine receptor family. Two types of IL-22 binding receptors have been discovered: a membrane-bound receptor and a soluble receptor that are encoded by different genes. IL-22 is produced by Th17 cells and Th22 cells. The use of Iscove's Modified Dulbecco's Medium (IMDM) will result in better in vitro Th17 polarization. It plays a critical role in mucosal immunity in addition to the deregulated inflammation observed in autoimmune diseases.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length recombinant protein expressed in E. Coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Dazzle™ 594 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PE/Dazzle™ 594 has a maximum excitation of 566 nm and a maximum emission of 610 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2894494 (BioLegend Cat. No. 366715)
AB_2894494 (BioLegend Cat. No. 366716)
Thymic lymphomas, T cells, activated T cells, macrophages, mast cells, and Th17.
- Enhances the production of acute phase proteins in HepG2 cells and promotes Th17 cells to trasmigrate through the blood-brain barrier in multiple sclerosis.
- IL-22 receptor.
- IL-22R1 and IL-10R2 receptor chains.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Macrophages, Mast cells, T cells, Th17
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nagalakshmi ML, et al. 2004. Int. Immunopharmacol. 5:679.
2. Kebir H,, et al. 2007. Nat. Med. 13:1173.
3. Gu Y, et al. 2008. Eur. J. Immunol. 38:1807.
4. Pene Y, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7423.
5. Dumotier L, et al. 2000. J. Immune 164:1814.
6. Xie MH, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 40:31335.
7. Kotenko SV, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:7096.
8. Chung Y, et al. 2006. Cell Res. 11:902.
9. Trifari S, et al. 2009. Nat. Immunol. 10:864.
- Gene ID
- 50616 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-22 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.