- H44 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- IL-18 receptor alpha chain, IL-18 receptor 1, IL-18 receptor related protein, CDw218a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-18 receptor is composed of an α and a β subunit that combine to form a high affinity receptor for IL-18. IL-18 receptor α chain, also known as CDw218a, is a 75-80 kD type I transmembrane protein. It is expressed on NK cells, neutrophils, endothelial cells, and subsets of T and B cells. The expression of CDw218a on lymphocytes is upregulated after activation. The interaction of IL-18 and IL-18 receptor has been reported to be implicated in promotion of Th1 cytokine production and atherogenesis.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human NK cell line NK0 constitutively expressing IL-18 receptors
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The H44 antibody is specific for IL-18 receptor a chain. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections and neutralization1.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kitasato Y, et al. 2004. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 31:619. (IHC)
- Vermot-Desroches C, et al. 2005. Cell Immunol. 236:101. (FC)
AB_2800826 (BioLegend Cat. No. 313811)
AB_2800827 (BioLegend Cat. No. 313812)
- Type I membrane protein, IL-1 receptor family, approximately 75-80 kD
Expressed on NK cells and neutrophils, IL-12 activated T and B cells, endothelial cells, and smooth muscle cells; highly expressed on Hodgkin's disease cell lines
- Binds IL-18 with low affinity; high affinity binding site formed with IL-18Rβ
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Torigoe K, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:25737.
2. Gerdes N, et al. 2002. J. Exp. Med. 195:245.
3. Airoldi I, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:6880.
- Gene ID
- 8809 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD218a on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.