- HIP8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV P38
- Other Names
- gpIIb, CD41a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD41 is a 125/25 kD α subunit of the gpIIb/IIIa (CD41/CD61) complex. CD41 is a heterodimer composed of a heavy chain (gpIIbα) and light chain (gpIIbβ) linked by a single disulfide bond. It is a member of the integrin family primarily expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes. CD41 has been reported to be involved with platelet aggregation and platelet attachment to the ECM. CD41/CD61 complex acts as the receptor for fibrinogen, fibronectin, Von Willebrand factor, and thrombin.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE/Cyanine5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and blocking of platelet aggregation2. The HIP8 antibody has been reported to block the activation of platelets by various stimuli, including collagen, and ADP.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy5 to PE/Cyanine5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine5 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- McCarty OJT, et al. 2000. Blood 96:1789.
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Zhi L et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e79869. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_314378 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303708)
- Integrin family, α subunit of CD41/CD61 (GPIIb-IIIa) complex, 125/22 kD
- Platelet aggregation, platelet attachment to extracellular matrix
- Fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, thrombin
- Cell Type
- Megakaryocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Denzin L, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:2153.
2. Denzin L, et al. 1995. Cell 82:155.
3. Riberdy J, et al. 1994. J. Cell Biol. 125:1225.
- Gene ID
- 3674 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD41 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.