- K8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Sialic acid-binding Ig-like lectin-9, CD329
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Siglecs are cell surface receptors belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily that recognize sugar antigens. The extracellular domain of siglec-9 contains an IgV region, which binds sialic acid, followed by two IgC regions. Siglec 9 and siglec 6-8,10-12 are CD33 (siglec 3) like siglecs, which have two ITIMs in the cytoplasmic tails, suggesting their functional involvement in signal transduction. It is highly expressed on neutrophils and monocytes, and at lower levels on the subpopulations of T and B lymphocytes and NK cells. Siglec-9 plays a role in negative regulation of T cell activation, and it also affects neutrophil apoptosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Siglec-9 fused to Fc region of human IgG
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence staining2, Western blotting2, immunoprecipitation2, and ELISA3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Zhang J, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:22121.
- Avril T, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:6841. (IF, IP, WB)
- Biedermann B, et al. 2007. Leukemia Res. 31:221. (ELISA)
- Product Citations
AB_10722615 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351503)
AB_10719225 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351504)
- Immunoglobulin superfamily
- Highly expressed on neutrophils and monocytes, and at lower levels on the subpopulations of T cells and B lymphocytes and NK cells
- Sialic acid
- Cell Type
- Neutrophils, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Siglec Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Ikehara Y, et. al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:43117.
2. von Gunten S, et al. 2005. Blood 106:1423.
- Gene ID
- 27180 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Siglec-9 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.