- HSL11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Ig Lambda 5, λ5, Ig omega
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD179b, also known as Ig Lambda 5, λ5, and Ig omega, is a 22 kD, C-like protein member within the Ig superfamily. λ5 associates with CD179a (VpreB) to form a surrogate light (SL) chain that in turn associates with the IgM heavy chain and the CD79a/CD79b heterodimer to form the pre-B cell receptor (PreBCR) complex. The function of CD179a/CD179b is still under investigation, though it has been reported that the deficiency of CD179a and/or CD179b impairs the maturation of the B cell precursors beyond the pre-B cell stage.Product Details
- Human, African Green
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1 and immunohistochemistry of frozen and paraffin-embedded samples2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Tsyganezawa K, et al. 1998. Blood 92:4317. (IP)
- Kiyokawa N, et al. 2004. Modern Pathol. 17:423. (ICFC, IHC)
AB_10643420 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349803)
AB_10643421 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349804)
- Immunoglobine (Ig) V-like protein. Molecular weight 22 kD. Associates with CD179a (VpreB) to form the surrogate light (SL) chain, which binds to the the Ig µ heavy chain and CD79a/CD79b heterodimer complex to form the pre-B cell receptor (preBCR).
Pro-B and early Pre-B cells
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers Wiley-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc.
2. Zhang M, et al. 2004. Cell. Mol. Immunol. 1:89.
3. Hendriks RW and Middendorp S. 2004. Trends Immunol. 25:249.
- Gene ID
- 3543 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD179b on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.