- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α2-macroglobulin, α1-Acid Glycoprotein (α1-AGP), Haptoglobin, α1-antitrypsin, Ceruloplasmin, Fibrinogen, Prothrombin, Serum Amyloid P Component (SAP)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The LEGENDplex™ Human Acute Phase Panel 1 (8-plex) contains fluorescence-encoded beads suitable for use on common flow cytometers. It allows for the simultaneous quantification of 8 key acute phase molecules including α2-microglobulin, α1-acid glycoprotein (α1-AGP), Haptoglobin, α1-antitrypsin, Ceruloplasmin, Fibrinogen, Prothrombin, and Serum Amyloid P Component (SAP). This assay panel provides higher detection sensitivity and broader dynamic range than traditional ELISA methods. The panel has been validated for use on cell culture supernatant, serum, and plasma samples.
The Human Acute Phase Panel 1 is designed to allow flexible customization within the panel. Please visit www.biolegend.com/legendplex for more information on panel design and how to mix and match within the panel.
This assay is for research use only
- Kit Contents
- Setup Beads: PE Beads
- Setup Beads: Raw Beads
- Premixed Beads
- Detection Antibodies
- Standard Cocktail, Lyophilized
- Lyophilized Standard Reconstitution Buffer
- Assay Buffer
- Wash Buffer, 20X
- Plate Sealers
- V-bottom Plate
- Verified Reactivity
Learn more about LEGENDplex™ at biolegend.com/legendplex
Download the LEGENDplex™ software here.
- Materials Not Included
- Flow Cytometer
- Pipettes and Tips
- Reagent Reservoirs for Multichannel Pipettes
- Polypropylene Microfuge Tubes
- Micro FACS tubes, 1.1 mL
- Vortex Mixer
- Aluminum foil
- Absorbent pads or paper towels
- Plate Shaker
- Tabletop centrifuge
- A Vacuum Filtration Unit and a Vacuum Source (if using filter plates)
- Gene ID
- 2 View all products for this Gene ID 5004 View all products for this Gene ID 5005 View all products for this Gene ID 3240 View all products for this Gene ID 5265 View all products for this Gene ID 1356 View all products for this Gene ID 2243 View all products for this Gene ID 2244 View all products for this Gene ID 2266 View all products for this Gene ID 2147 View all products for this Gene ID 325 View all products for this Gene ID
- If I don't have a vacuum, how do I remove the liquid from my plate?
If you do not have a vacuum, the assay should be run in a V-bottom plate. After centrifugation using a swinging-bucket rotor with a plate adaptor, you can remove the liquid by flicking the plate quickly, dumping the contents into a sink, and patting it dry carefully on a stack of clean paper towels without losing the beads. Alternatively, you can remove the liquid by using a pipette.
- Should I perform the assay with the filter plates or with V-bottom plates?
Filter plates or V-bottom plates have been included in some kits for your convenience. A vacuum filtration unit is required to work with the filter plates. However, if you don’t have access to a vacuum manifold or if you prefer, then you can use the V-bottom plates and follow the recommended assay protocols for the type of plates you choose. All plates should be made from low binding polypropylene. Polystyrene ELISA or cell culture plates should not be used.
- After I finish the staining process, how long can I wait before reading my LEGENDplex™ samples?
The samples can be kept overnight at 4°C while being protected from exposure to light and be read the next day. There may be a decrease in signal, but overall, the assay results should not be affected. Storing the samples for extended periods of time is not recommended, as it could lead to further reductions in signal.
- What is the shelf life of LEGENDplex™ kits?
LEGENDplex™ kits are guaranteed for 6 months from the date of receipt, but may have a shelf life of up to 2 years from the date of manufacture.
- Is special software required for data analysis?
Typically flow cytometers generate output files in FCS format (e.g. FCS 2.0, 3.0, or 3.1) and in some cases in list mode file format (LMD). Other software may be available to analyze FCS files. Data generated using LEGENDplex™ kits can be analyzed using the freely available LEGENDplex™ data analysis software. Please check our website for the most updated versions of the software.