- Other Names
- Multiplex, flow cytometry, IL-4, IL-2, CXCL10 (IP-10), IL-1β, TNF-α, CCL2 (MCP-1), IL-17A, IL-6, IL-10, IFN-γ, IL-12p70, CXCL8 (IL-8), TGF-β1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|740929||100 tests||1 200€|
The body’s immune response to foreign material helps to protect the body from disease and injury through the innate and adaptive immune systems. The innate immune system non-specifically protects against foreign particles through the use of protective barriers, inflammation, and the complement system. Cytokines and chemokines are produced in the innate immune response to promote inflammation and recruitment of T cells to trigger the adaptive immune response. The adaptive immune system protects against specific pathogens leading to the production of memory B-cells and T-cells. The cytokines produced in the adaptive immune response help to promote the survival of B-cells and T-cells and activate effector T-cells. Accurate measurement of these cytokines is essential for understanding immune responses and disease processes.
The LEGENDplex™ Human Essential Immune Response Panel (13-plex) is a bead-based multiplex assay panel, using fluorescence-encoded beads suitable for use on various flow cytometers. It allows for simultaneous quantification of 13 key targets essential for immune response such as IL-4, IL-2, CXCL10 (IP-10), IL-1β, TNF-α, CCL2 (MCP-1), IL-17A, IL-6, IL-10, IFN-γ, IL-12p70, CXCL8 (IL-8), and Free Active TGF-β1. This assay panel provides higher detection sensitivity and broader dynamic range than traditional ELISA methods. The panel has been validated for use on cell culture supernatant and serum.
The LEGENDplex™ Human Essential Immune Response Panel (13-plex) is designed to allow flexible customization within the panel. Please visit www.biolegend.com/legendplex for more information on how to mix and match within the panel.
This assay is for research use only.
- Kit Contents
- Setup Beads 1: FITC Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 2: PE Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 3: Raw Beads (2 ml)
- Capture Beads
- Detection Antibody (3.5 ml)
- Standard Cocktail, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- SA-PE (3.5 ml)
- Matrix B, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- Assay Buffer (25 ml)
- Wash Buffer, 20X (25 ml)
- Filter Plate (1 plate)
- Plate Sealers (4 sheets)
- Data Analysis Software Dongle
Learn more about LEGENDplex™ at biolegend.com/legendplex
Download the LEGENDplex™ software here.
- Materials Not Included
- Flow Cytometer
- Pipettes and Tips
- Reagent Reservoirs for Multichannel Pipettes
- Polypropylene Microfuge Tubes, in 96-Tube Rack
- Vortex Mixer
- Aluminum foil
- Absorbent pads
- Plate Shaker
- A Vacuum Filtration Unit and a Vacuum Source (if using filter plates)
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 3565 View all products for this Gene ID 3558 View all products for this Gene ID 3627 View all products for this Gene ID 3553 View all products for this Gene ID 7124 View all products for this Gene ID 6347 View all products for this Gene ID 3605 View all products for this Gene ID 3569 View all products for this Gene ID 3586 View all products for this Gene ID 3458 View all products for this Gene ID 3592 View all products for this Gene ID 3593 View all products for this Gene ID 3576 View all products for this Gene ID 7040 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Essential Immune Response on UniProt.org
- After I finish the staining process, how long can I wait before reading my LEGENDplex™ samples?
The samples can be kept overnight at 4°C while being protected from exposure to light and be read the next day. There may be a decrease in signal, but overall, the assay results should not be affected. Storing the samples for extended periods of time is not recommended, as it could lead to further reductions in signal.
- If I don't have a vacuum, how do I remove the liquid from my plate?
Do NOT invert the plate to dump the liquid. The beads will not adhere to the plate. After centrifugation using a swing bucket rotor with a plate adaptor, you can remove the liquid by using a pipette.
- Is special software required for data analysis?
Typically flow cytometers generate output files in FCS format (e.g. FCS 2.0, 3.0, or 3.1) and in some cases in list mode file format (LMD). FCS files can be analyzed by different software. Data generated from using LEGENDplex™ kits can be analyzed using the LEGENDplex™ data analysis software freely available on the BioLegend website (biolegend.com/legendplex/software). A free of charge software license dongle is currently provided in the kit. Please check our website for the most updated versions of the software.
- Should I perform the assay with the filter plates or with V-bottom plates?
Filter plates or V-bottom plates have been included in some kits for your convenience. Performing the assay with filter plates is generally recommended. A vacuum filtration unit is required to work with the filter plates. If however, you don’t have access to a vacuum manifold, then you can use the V-bottom plates or micro-FACS tubes as described in the manual and follow the recommended assay protocols for the type of plates or tubes you choose. All tubes and plates should be made from low binding polypropylene. Polystyrene ELISA or cell culture plates should not be used.
- What is the shelf life of LEGENDplex™ kits?
LEGENDplex™ kits are valid for 6 months from the date of receipt.