- Other Names
- IL-29, IL29, Interleukin-29, Interleukin 29, IFN-λ1, IFNL1, interferon lambda 1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|446307||1 Pre-coated Plate||316€|
Interleukin-29 (IL-29, IFN-λ1) is a member of the type III interferon family of cytokines. It shares a high degree (~80%) of amino acid sequence homology with both IL-28A (IFN-λ2) and IL-28B (IFN-λ3). IL-29 is produced by human peripheral blood mononuclear and dendritic cells in response to viral infection, TLR stimulation, or other type I IFN agonists. IL-29 has been demonstrated to upregulate MHC I expression on target cells; in addition, IL-29 also mediates the antiviral immune response to several viruses including Hepatitis B (HBV), Hepatitis C (HCV), and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Increased serum levels of IL-29 have also been reported in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis patients.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-29 (IFN-λ1) ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a polyclonal goat anti-human IL-29 capture antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated polyclonal goat anti-human IL-29 antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human IL-29 (IFN-λ1) from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-human IL-29 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-29 Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-29 Standard
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 2.4 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8 - 500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.