- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ANGPT2, ANG2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|440407||1 Pre-coated Plate||444€|
Human Angiopoietin-2 is a member of the angiopoietin family of vascular growth factors and is a glycoprotein involved in angiogenesis and inflammation. It plays a vital role in embryonic and postnatal angiogenesis and is highly abundant in vascular endothelial cells. Angiopoietin-2, along with angiopoietin-1, are ligands for the receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2. It is also known to work synergistically with cytokines, such as VEGF, to promote tumor progression and associated angiogenesis. Studies have shown that it is a marker for endothelial activation. Due to its importance in inflammatory conditions, this analyte has great potential for new disease therapies.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Human Angiopoietin-2 ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a mouse monoclonal anti-human angiopoietin-2 antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated mouse monoclonal anti-human angiopoietin-2 antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human angiopoietin-2 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatant. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Human Angiopoietin-2 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human Angiopoietin-2 Detection Antibody
- Human Angiopoietin-2 Lyophilized Standard
- Assay Buffer B
- 20X Wash Buffer
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- 55.8 + 12.3 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 312.5 – 20,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Microplate shaker
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors
- Gene ID
- View information about Angiopoietin-2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.