- 58A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MPZ, Myelin Protein Zero
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Myelin protein zero (MPZ), is a membrane glycoprotein mainly expressed in the peripheral nervous system (PNS). It is the major structural component of the myelin sheath, and accounts for at least 50% of all proteins in the PNS. MPZ is expressed by Schewann cells. Mutations in MPZ have been associated with myelin deficiency, which may lead to neuropathies including charcot-Marie-Tooth and Dejerine-Sottas diseases.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yoshimura K, et al. 1996. Neurosci Res. 25(1):41 (WB, IHC, ELISA)
AB_2810747 (BioLegend Cat. No. 862203)
AB_2810748 (BioLegend Cat. No. 862204)
- MPZ is a 248 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 28 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Peripheral nervous system
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, extracellular, endoplasmic reticulum, and lysosome
- MPZ is an adhesion molecule involved in the formation of myelin sheath in the peripheral nervous system.
- Forms homodimer and homotetramer
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
- Chiò A and Lauria G. 2016. Lancet Neurol. 15(1):12
- Brennan KM, et al. 2015. Neurosci Lett. 596:14
- Tazir M, et al. 2014. J Neurol Sci. 347(1-2):14
- Gene ID
- 4359 View all products for this Gene ID 17528 View all products for this Gene ID 24564 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Myelin Protein Zero on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P, WB|
|HRP anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||WB, IHC-P|
|Biotin anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.