- N103/39 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 1 member L1 (ALDH1L1) was originally discovered as an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of 10-formyltetrahydrofolate to tetrahydrofolate, with NADPH and CO2 as by products. ALDH1L1 is most exclusively expressed by astroglial cells1 implicating these cells as the major components of folate-dependent formate oxidation in the brain.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant) formats include immunocytochemistry3 and immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Zuo H, et al. 2018. J Neurosci. 38(9):2359 (IHC-F)
- Kidana K, et al. 2018. EMBO Mol Med. 10:e8184 (WB)
- Tian E, et al. 2016. Cell Reports. 16:781 (ICC)
AB_2810723 (BioLegend Cat. No. 856803)
AB_2810724 (BioLegend Cat. No. 856804)
- ALDH1L1 is a 902 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 99 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, Liver, Colon, and Kidney.
Cellular Distribution: Extracellular, cytosol, and plamsa membrane.
- ALDH1L1 catalyzes the conversion of 10-formyltetrahydrofolate to tetrahydrofolate.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Antigen References
- Neymerer V, et al. 1997. Brain Res. 766(1-2): 195
- Brandebura AN, et al. 2018. Dev Neurobiol. doi: 10.1002/dneu.22633.
- Garwood CJ, et al. 2017. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 43(4):281
- Gene ID
- 10840 View all products for this Gene ID 107747 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ALDH1L1 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-ALDH1L1||N103/39||WB, ICC, IHC-F|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.