- 7A6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Nuclear factor of activated T-cells, cytoplasmic 1, NFAT transcription complex cytosolic component, NFAT2, NFATc
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The product of this gene is a component of the nuclear factor of activated T cells DNA-binding transcription complex. The protein complex consists of NFAT1, NFAT2 (NFATc1 or NFATc), NFAT3, and NFAT4. All members of this family are transcription factors with a Rel homology domain and regulate gene transcription in concert with AP-1 (Jun/Fos) to orchestrate an effective immune response. NFAT proteins are predominantly expressed in cells of the immune system but are also expressed in skeletal muscle, keratinocytes and adipocytes, regulating cell differentiation programs in these cells. In resting cells, NFAT proteins are heavily phosphorylated and localized in the cytoplasm. Increased intracellular calcium concentrations activate the calcium/calmodulin-dependent serine phosphatase calcineurin, which dephosphorylates NFAT proteins, resulting in their subsequent translocation to the nucleus.
Proteins belonging to this family of transcription factors play a central role in inducible gene transcription during immune response. The product of this gene is an inducible nuclear component. It functions as a major molecular target for the immunosuppressive drugs such as cyclosporin A. Five transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for this gene. Different isoforms of this protein may regulate inducible expression of different cytokine genes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein of human NFATc1 amino acids 197-304.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
WB - Verified
ICC, ICFC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:100-1:2000 by volume. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent to be titrated for optimal performance before each experiment.
- Application Notes
25 µg, 100 µg of Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified Antibody can be used for 4-50, 16-200 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilution.
7A6 antibody detects endogenous human NFATC1 in Western blot. There are 10 isoforms with a predicted MW of 39KD, 74kD, 76kD, 77kD (3), 88kD (2), 100kD, 101kD. With this antibody, observed MW bands range from 70 - 120 kD. The optimal concentration should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Timmerman LA, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 159:2735. (IF)
- Brandt C, et al. 2010. Cytometry A. 77:607. (FC)
- Fan W, et al. 2012. Arthritis Rheum. 64:3715. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2721595 (BioLegend Cat. No. 649607)
AB_2721596 (BioLegend Cat. No. 649608)
- 943 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 101kD. There are 10 isoforms with a predicted MW of 39kD, 74kD, 76kD, 77kD (3), 88kD (2), 100kD, 101kD.
Cytoplasm, Nucleus. NFATc1 is cytoplasmic in the phosphorylated form and nuclear after calcineurin-mediated dephosphorylation controlled activation.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Zhao Q, et al. 2010. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 42:576.
2. Hoey T, et al. 1995. Immunity 2:461.
3. Northrop JP, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:2917.
4. Hogan PG, et al. 2003. Genes Dev. 17:2205.
5. Shaw KT, et al. 1995. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:11205.
6. Serfling E, et al. 2007. Sci. STKE 138:pe42.
- Gene ID
- 4772 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NFATc1 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-NFATc1||7A6||WB, FC, ICC, ChIP|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-NFATc1||7A6||ICFC|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-NFATc1||7A6||ChIP, WB, ICC, ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.