Pricing & Availability
Technical Data Sheet (pdf)
- H129.19 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- L3T4, T4
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Description CD4 is a 55 kD protein, also known as L3T4 or T4. It is a member of the Ig superfamily, primarily expressed on most thymocytes, a subset of T cells, and weakly on macrophages and dendritic cells. It acts as a coreceptor with the TCR during T cell activation and thymic differentiation by binding MHC class II and associating with the protein tyrosin kinase, lck. The H129.19 antibody is able to block CD4 mediated cell adhesion and T cell activation. It is also useful for in vivo and in vitro depletion of CD4+ T cells. H129.19 antibody blocks binding of the anti-mouse CD4 mAbs GK1.5 and RM4-5, but not RM4-4 antibody. H129.19 antibody inhibits various responses of T helper cells to antigenic or mitogenic stimuli. Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse lymphocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
- Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of CD4+ T cell activation1-3, depletion
. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Naquet P. 1985. Immunogenetics. 22:247.
- Pierres A. 1984. J. Immunol.. 132:2775.
- Guo MW. 1995. Zygote. 3:65.
- Ghobrial RR. 1989. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 52:486.
- Product Citations
AB_1279237 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130308)
- Ig superfamily, 55 kD
- Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset
- TCR co-receptor, T cell activation
- MHC class II molecule
- Cell Type
- Thymocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Bierer BE, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Janeway CA. 1992. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 10:645.
4. Naquet P. 1985. Immunogenetics. 22:247.
5. Pierres A. 1984. J. Immunol.. 132:2775.
6. Guo MW. 1995. Zygote. 3:65-73.
7. Ghobrial RR. 1989. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 52:486.
- Gene ID
- 12504 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
Other FormatsView All CD4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|PE anti-mouse CD4||H129.19||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD4||H129.19||FC,IHC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD4||H129.19||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD4||H129.19||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.