- M18/2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- integrin β2, β2 integrin, ITGB2
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD18 is a 95 kD protein, also known as integrin β2 subunit. It is expressed on all leukocytes. CD18, in association with integrin α chain CD11a, CD11b, and CD11c forms LFA-1, Mac-1, and αXβ2, respectively, and plays an important role in leukocytes adhesion. The CD18 integrin complexes bind ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50), iC3b, and fibrinogen. The M18/2 antibody is able to block tumor cell metastasis and enhance cell adhesion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse CTL glycoprotein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, Western blotting1, in vitro and in vivo blocking of tumor cells metastasis or stimulation of cell-adhesion2-6, and immunohistochemical staining7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101417-101422).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sanchez-Madrid, et al. 1983. J. Exp. Med. 158:586. (IP, WB)
- Zahalka MA, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 150:4466. (IP, Block, Stim)
- Zahalka MA, et al. 1994. Int. Immunol. 6:917. (Block, Stim)
- Ishida Y, et al. 1994. Cell. Immunol. 155:414. (Block, Stim)
- Isobe M, et al. 1992. Science 255:1125. (Block, Stim)
- Driessens MHE, et al. 1996. J. Leukoc. Biol. 60:758. (Block, Stim)
- Barlow SC, et al. 2004. Amer. J. Pathol. 165:1849. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_312814 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101405)
- Integrin family, associates with CD11a, CD11b, CD11c, 95 kD
- ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50), iC3b, fibrinogen
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Anderson DC, et al. 1987. Annu. Rev. Med. 38:175.
3. Wilson RW, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:1571.
- Gene ID
- 16414 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD18 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.