- NKI-M9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV 103
- Other Names
- Vitronectin receptor α chain, Integrin αV, αV integrin, ITGAV
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD51 is a type I integral membrane glycoprotein, known as vitronectin receptor α chain, or integrin αV. It forms heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29), β3 (CD61), β5, β6, or β8. CD51 contains two disulfide-linked subunits of 125 kD and 24 kD, and is expressed on endothelial cells, fibroblasts, macrophages, platelets, osteoclasts, neuroblastoma, melanoma, and hepatoma cells. Many extracellular matrix proteins with RGD-motifs are CD51 ligands. In association with its β chains, CD51 binds vitronectin, von Willebrand factor, fibronectin, thrombospondin, osteopontin, fibrinogen, and laminin. CD51, as an adhesion molecule, plays important roles in leukocytes homing and rolling, mediates bone absorption and angiogenesis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Melonama cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Defilippi P, et al. 1991. J. Cell Biol. 114:855. PubMed
- Burdick MM, et al. 2003. Am. J. Physiol.Cell Ph. 284:C977. PubMed
- Grzeszkiewicz TM, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:21943.
- Sonnenberg A, et al. 1990. J. Cell Biol. 110:2145. PubMed
- Silverman AP, et al. 2008. J Mol Biol. 385:1064. PubMed
- Khurana S, et al. 2013. Blood. 121:2587. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_940558 (BioLegend Cat. No. 327907)
AB_940560 (BioLegend Cat. No. 327908)
- Integrin, forms heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29), β3 (CD61), β5, β6, or β8, 125 kD and 24 kD in reduced condition, 150 kD (unreduced)
Endothelial cells, fibroblasts, macrophages, platelets, osteoclasts, neuroblastoma, melanoma, and hepatoma cells.
- Adhesion, angiogenesis
- Vitronectin, von Willebrand factor, fibrinogen, thrombospondin, osteopontin, denatured collagen, fibronectin, laminin.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Macrophages, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Osteoclasts, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Nesbitt S, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:16737.
2. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers Wiley-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc, Publication
- Gene ID
- 3685 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD51 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD51 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human CD51||NKI-M9||FC,ICC,ELISA,Block,IP|
|Biotin anti-human CD51||NKI-M9||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD51||NKI-M9||FC|
|PE anti-human CD51||NKI-M9||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD51||NKI-M9||FC,ICC,ELISA,Block,IP|
|APC anti-human CD51||NKI-M9||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD51||NKI-M9||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.