- 14A9C47 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone deacetylase 4, HD4
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
HDAC4 is a member of the class II histone deacetylase family and is similar to the yeast HDA1 protein. This nuclear protein operates in concert with histone acetyltransferases to control core histone acetylation in highly conserved lysine residues. HDAC activity has been associated with transcriptional repression and nucleosomal condensation. HDAC4 has been shown to play a crucial role in skeletal formation. HDAC4 prevents chondrocyte hypertrophy through inhibiting Runx2 activity during endochondral bone formation. The HDAC4 deficient mice show chondrocyte hypertrophy and premature ossification of developing bones. HDAC4 uses active nuclear export to shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. HDAC4 is modified by phosphorylation by CaM kinase I or IV. HDAC4 has been reported to interact with 14-3-3 in the cytoplasm and MEF2A, HDAC3, NcoR and SMRT in the nucleus.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human HDAC4 recombinant protein (529 - 651 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:5000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
Clone 14A9C47 weakly cross-reacts with mouse HDAC4.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2687040 (BioLegend Cat. No. 676803)
- 1084 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 119 kD. Contains a histone deacetylase region and a N-terminal homodimerization domain.
Cytoplasm and nucleus.
- CDKN2A forms a homodimer and interacts with HDAC7, MEF2C, BTBD14B, AHRR, NR2C1, adn 14-3-3.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Tong JK, et al. 1998. Nature 395:917.
2. Grunstein M. 1997. Nature 389:349.
3. Wolffe AP. 1996. Science 272:371.
4. Lee DY, et al. 1993. Cell 72:73.
5. Wang AH, et al. 2001. Mol. Cell Biol. 21:5992.
6. Bertos NR, et al. 1999. Mol. Cell Biol. 11:7816.
- Gene ID
- 9759 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HDAC4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.