- 281-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD138, a member of the syndecan protein family, is a type I integral membrane heparin sulfate proteoglycan also known as Syndecan-1. Syndecan-1 participates in cell proliferation, cell migration, and cell matrix adhesion via interaction with collagen, fibronectin, and other soluble molecules (such as FGF-basic). It is expressed on normal and malignant plasma cells, pre-B cells, mesenchymal cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse mammary gland epithelial cell line NMuMG
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
µl sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For flow cytometric staining using the µl sizes, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue3 and formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue4 and immunofluorescent staining2,3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jalkanen M, et al. 1985. J. Cell. Biol. 101:976. (FC)
- Miettinen H, et al. 1994. J. Cell. Sci. 107:1571. (IF)
- Li Q, et al. 2002. Cell 111:635. (IF, IHC)
- McCarthy BA, et al. 2012. BMC Cancer. 12:203. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_11204257 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142507)
AB_2565621 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142523)
AB_11203544 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142508)
- Transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycan; member of the syndecan proteoglycan family, 100-200 kD
- Cell adhesion, cell motility, cell migration, cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zong F, et al. 2011. PLoS ONE 6:e14816.
2. Yamashita Y, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5940.
3. Sanderson RD, et al. 1989. Cell. Regul. 1:27.
- Gene ID
- 20969 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD138 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.