- JES3-9D7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-10, B cell derived T cell growth factor (B-TCGF), Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor (CSIF), T-cell growth inhibitory factor (TGIF)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-10 was originally described as Cytokine Synthesis Inhibitory Factor (CSIF) by virtue of its ability to inhibit cytokine production by Th1 clones. IL-10 shares over 80% sequence homology with the Epstein-Barr virus protein BCRFI. The biological activities of IL-10 include inhibition of macrophage-mediated cytokine synthesis, suppression of the delayed type hypersensitivity response, and stimulation of the Th2 cell response, which results in elevated antibody production.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Baboon, Rhesus, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS - expressed, recombinant human IL-10
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture1-5 or ELISPOT Capture6: The Ultra-LEAFpurified JES3-9D7 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JES3-12G8 antibody (Cat. No. 501502) as the detecting antibody and recombinant human IL-10 (Cat. No. 571009) as the standard. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1-3,9: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-10 bioactivity (Cat. Nos. 501427 & 501428). The JES3-9D7 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-10.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining12.
Note: For testing human IL-10 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. Nos. 430601 & 430606) are specially developed and recommended.
The JES3-9D7 antibody reacts with human and viral interleukin-10 (IL-10).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Gotlieb W, et al. 1992. Cytokine 4:385. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Yssel H, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 149:2378. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20. (ELISA Capture)
- Burdin N, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 177:295. (ELISA Capture)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Schaerli P, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1553.
- Jason J, et al. 1999. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 6:73.
- Akdis CA, et al. 1998. J. Clin. Invest. 102:98. (Neut)
- Stary G, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:103. PubMed
- Mason GM, et al. 2012. PNAS. PubMed
- 12. Smith DR, et al. 1994. Am. J. Pathol. 145:18. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_10896947 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501421)
AB_2632952 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501422)
- Acid-labile cytokine, dimer, 35-40 kD (Mammalian)
- Inhibit IFN-γ, TNF-β, IL-2 production by TH1 clones; inhibits macrophage-mediated IL-1, IL-6, TNF-α synthesis; suppress delayed type hypersensitivity response; stimulate TH2 cell response; mast cell proliferation in
- Cell Sources
- Activated CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, activated monocytes, mast cells, Ly-1 B (mouse)
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, mast cells, macrophages
- IL-10R (CDw210)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. de Waal-Malefyt R, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:314.
3. Howard M, et al. 1992. Immunol. Today. 13:198.
4. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
- Production inhibited by IL-4, IL-10
- Gene ID
- 3586 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-10 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.