- MIH26 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BTLA, B and T lymphocyte attenuator
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
B and T lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA) is an Ig superfamily coinhibitory receptor with structural similarity to programmed cell death 1 (PD-1) and CTLA-4. BTLA is expressed on B cells, T cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, NKT cells, and NK cells. Engagement of BTLA by its ligand Herpes Virus Entry Mediator (HVEM) is critical for negatively regulating immune response. The absence of BTLA with HVEM inhibitory interactions leads to increased experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis severity, enhanced rejection of partially mismatched allografts, an increased CD8+ memory T cell population, increased severity of colitis, and reduced effectiveness of T regulatory cells. BTLA plays an important role in the induction of peripheral tolerance of both CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in vivo. Tolerant T cells have significant up-regulated expression of BTLA compared with effector and naïve T cells. BTLA may cooperate with CTLA-4 and PD-1 to control T cell tolerance and autoimmunity. It has been reported that BTLA may regulate T cell function through binding to B7-H4.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human BTLA transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of T cell proliferation and cytokine production1. Clone MIH26 has agonistic activity on BTLA, resulting in the inhibition of activation.
The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for use in in vitro and in vivo biofunctional assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Otsuki N, et al. 2006. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co. 344:1121.
- Okano M, et al. 2008. Clin. Exp. Allergy 38:1891.
- Product Citations
AB_2566507 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344511)
AB_2566508 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344512)
- Ig superfamily, with similar structure to CTLA-4 and PD-1
B cells and T lymphocytes, NK cells and dendritic cells
- Negative regulation of T cell activation, proliferation and cytokine production
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Watanabe N, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:670.
2. Sun Y, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:1946.
3. Gonzalez LC, et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:1116.
- Gene ID
- 151888 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD272 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|Purified anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC, Agonist|
|PE anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|APC anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC, Agonist|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||FC|
|TotalSeq™-B0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||PG|
|TotalSeq™-D0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)||MIH26||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
PE anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
APC anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
FITC anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
TotalSeq™-A0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
TotalSeq™-C0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
TotalSeq™-B0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)
TotalSeq™-D0170 anti-human CD272 (BTLA)