- ML5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V CD24.5
- Other Names
- Ly-52, Heat Stable Antigen (HSA), Nectadrin, BA-1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD24 is a 35-45 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked protein also known as heat stable antigen (HSA), BA-1, Ly-52, and nectadrin. It is expressed on the surface of B cells (but not plasma cells), granulocytes, follicular dendritic cells, and epithelial cells. CD24 may play a role in the regulation of B-cell proliferation and maturation. CD24 crosslinking induces a Ca2+ flux in mature B cells. CD24 has been shown to interact with CD62P (P-selectin).Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leukocyte Typing V:White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Oxford University Press. New York.
- McMichael A, et al. 1987. Leucocyte Typing III. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Yang GP, et al. 1999. Nucleic Acids Research 27:1517. (IF)
- Kristiansen G, et al. 2003. Clin. Cancer Res. 9:4906. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_10915556 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311121)
AB_2561691 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311122)
- GPI-linked glycoprotein, 35-45 kD
B cells, granulocytes, epithelial cells
- B cell proliferation and differentiation
- CD62P (P-Selectin)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Epithelial cells, Granulocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leukocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Gene ID
- 100133941 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD24 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.