- Poly5313 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1α, Lymphocyte-activating factor (LAF), Endogenous pyrogen (EP), Leukocyte endogenous mediator (LEM), Mononuclear cell factor (MCF/MNCF)(il-1a,il1a)
- Goat Polyclonal Ig
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1α is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses. Recombinant human IL-1α is an 18.0 kD protein containing 159 amino acids.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-1α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration of 0.25 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-1α recombinant protein ranging from 200 to 1.56 pg/mL is recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
The biotinylated Poly5313 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified 343-3B3-14 (Cat. No. 500104) antibody as the capture antibody.
Note: For human IL-1a in cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 434907 & 434908) are specially developed and recommended.
AB_2686960 (BioLegend Cat. No. 531304)
Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglias, gliomas, keratinocyte
- Upregulated by TNF-α, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, antigens; downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and α2-macroglobulin
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Macrophages, Langerhans cells, Dendritic cells, T cells, B cells, NK cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Astrocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Bomford R, et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1 inflammation and disease. Elsevier New York.
3. Brazel D, et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello C et al. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Gene ID
- 3552 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1alpha on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.