- ICRF44 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV M047
- Other Names
- Integrin αM chain, C3biR, CR3, Mac-1, Mo1, ITGAM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD11b is a 165-170 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as αM integrin, Mac-1, CR3, and C3biR. CD11b non-covalently associates with integrin β2 (CD18) and is expressed on granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, and subsets of T and B cells. CD11b/CD18 is critical for the transendothelial migration of monocytes and neutrophils. It is also involved in granulocyte adhesion, phagocytosis, and neutrophil activation. CD11b/CD18 interacts with ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-4, CD14, CD23, heparin, iC3b, fibrinogen, and factor X.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Common Marmoset, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The ICRF44 antibody inhibits heterotypic adhesion of granulocytes in response to fMLP. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, immunofluorescence microscopy5, stimulation of monocytes3, blocking of heterotypic PMN aggregation8, and blocking of granulocyte activation12. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue.
The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 301361 & 301362).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Barclay N, et al. 1997. The Leucocyte Antigen Facts Book. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Rezzonico R, et al. 2001. Blood 97:2932. (Stim)
- Marsik C, et al. 2003. Shock 20:493. (FC)
- David A, et al. 2003. J. Leukoc. Biol. 74:551. (IF)
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Thurlow LR, et al. 2010. Infect. Immun. 128:1128. (FC) PubMed
- Jadhav S, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:5986. (Block)
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Sestak K, et al. 2007. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 119:21. (FC)
- Wen T, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5481. (FC) PubMed
- Sprong T, et al. 2003. Blood 102:3702. (Block)
- Cash JL, et al. 2013. EMBO Rep. 14:999. (FC) PubMed
- Larsson K, et al. 2015. PNAS. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_314156 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301304)
- Integrin, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, associates with integrin β2 (CD18), 165-170 kD
Granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, subset of T cells, subset of B cells
- Adhesion, phagocytosis, chemotaxis, neutrophil activation
- ICAM-1(CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-4, CD14, CD23, heparin, iC3b, fibrinogen, factor X
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Stewart M, et al. 1995. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 7:690.
- Gene ID
- 3684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11b on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.