- 2F1/KLRG1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MAFA, 2F1-Ag
- Syrian hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Killer cell lectin-like receptor G1 (KLRG1) is the mouse homolog of the rat mast cell function-associated antigen (MAFA or 2F1-Ag). KLRG1 is a type II membrane glycoprotein that was first identified on the surface of rat mast cell line RBL-2H3. It is composed of a homodimer of glycosylated 30-38 kD subunits. Mouse and human homologs of KLRG1 are expressed by subsets of NK cells and lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells but not mast cells. KLRG1 is also expressed on subsets of CD8+ and CD4+ cells, including CD4+ and CD8+ effector/memory cells, potent regulatory CD4+ T cells. KLRG1 may be involved in regulating NK cell homeostasis. KLRG1 was found to recognize cadherins and thus inhibit immune responses by regulating the effector function and the developmental processes of NK and T cells.Product Details
- Mouse, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syrian Hamster
- IL-2 activated NK cells from C57BL/6 mice
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is =0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
For successful staining of human cells, brighter fluorophore-antibody conjugates, such as PE, BV421™, or APC, are recommended.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: Western Blotting1.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name APC/Cy7 to APC/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our APC/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Robbins SH, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:2585. (WB)
- Robbins SH, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:5876. (FC)
- McMahon CW, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:1444. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2566553 (BioLegend Cat. No. 138425)
AB_2566554 (BioLegend Cat. No. 138426)
This product may be used for research purposes only. It is not licensed for resale and may only be used by the buyer. This product may not be used and is not licensed for clinical assays, where the results of such assays are provided as a diagnostic service. If a diagnostic or therapeutic use is anticipated, then a license must be requested from the University of California. The availability of such diagnostic and therapeutic use license(s) cannot be guaranteed from the University of California.
- KLRG1 is an inhibitory lectin-like type II transmembrane receptor containing a cytoplasmic motif similar to ITIM, expressed mainly as a homodimeric molecule consisting of two N-glycosylated subunits of approximately 30-38 kD.
Subsets of NK cells, lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells and subsets of CD8+ and CD4+ cells.
- Regulates NK cell proliferation, maturation, and homeostasis. Inhibits immune responses by regulating the effector function and the developmental processes of NK and T cells.
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Grundemann C, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:1311.
2. Blaser C, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:6451.
3. Huntington ND, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4764.
4. Voehringer D, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:4834.
- Gene ID
- 50928 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about KLRG1 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.