- 3.9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- III NL707
- Other Names
- Integrin αX subunit, CR4, p150, ITGAX
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD11c is a 145-150 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as integrin αX and CR4. CD11c non-covalently associates with integrin β2 (CD18) and is expressed on monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes, NK cells, and subsets of T and B cells. CD11c has been reported to play a role in adhesion and CTL killing through its interactions with fibrinogen, CD54, and iC3b.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone 3.9 preferentially binds the activated form of CD11c, is specific for the I domain of CD11c, and is able to partially block the binding of CD11c and ICAM-4. 3.9 binding is divalent cation dependent12. While analyzing blood, it is best to use heparin as the anti-coagulant and not EDTA. Since the ability of clone 3.9 to bind to its target is divalent cation dependent, the usage of EDTA as an anti-coagulant may be detrimental to staining due to its chelating properties.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4, and functional assays5,6. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 301616). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 301632) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV Oxford University Press. New York.
- McMichael A, et al. Eds. 1987. Leucocyte Typing III Oxford University Press. New York.
- Vainer B, et al. 2000. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 24:1115. (IHC)
- Ottonello L, et al. 1999. Blood 93:3505.
- Metelitsa LS, et al. 2002. Blood 99:4166.
- Sadhu C, et al. 2007. J. Leukoc. Biol. doi:10.1189/jlb.1106680. PubMed
- Ihanus E, et al. 2007. Blood 109:802-810.
- Gurer C, et al. 2008. Blood 112:1231. PubMed
- Asai A, et al. 2009. J. Lipid Res. 50:95. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Sadhu C, et al. 2008. J. Immunoass. Immunoch. 29:42. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_493024 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301613)
AB_493023 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301614)
- Integrin, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, associates with integrin β2 (CD18), 145-150 kD
- Myeloid, dendritic cells, NK cells, B cells and T cell subsets
- Adhesion, CTL killing
- CD54, fibrinogen, iC3b, ICAM-1, ICAM-4
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, B cells, T cells, Neutrophils, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Petty H. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:209.
2. Springer T. 1994. Cell 76:301.
3. Ihanus E, et al. 2007. Blood 109:802-810.
- Gene ID
- 3687 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11c on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.