- Poly29247 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PTH, Preproparathyroid Hormone, Parathyrin
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Parathyroid hormone (PTH) is secreted by the parathyroid glands as a preprotein that is protealytically processed to generate a protein that binds to the PTH receptor to increase the concentration of calcium and phosphate in the blood.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Dog
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- PTH antibody was raised in rabbit using hPTH-44-68-TBG.
- Storage & Handling
- Store frozen (-20°C); shipped in blue ice.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
IHC: 1:500 - 1:1000
- Application Notes
The BioLegend anti-Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) polyclonal antibody reacts with parathyroid hormone secreted by the chief cells of the normal parathyroid gland.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
AB_2629554 (BioLegend Cat. No. 924704)
- PTH is a 115 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 13 kD.
Tissue distribution: thyroid and parathyroid.
Cellular distribution: extracellular, cytosol, and plasma membrane.
- PTH elevates calcium level by dissolving the salts in bone and preventing their renal excretion.
- PTH receptor.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Pekkarinen T, et al. 2010. Clin. Endocrinol. 72(4):455.
- Gene ID
- 5741 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Parathyroid Hormone on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.