- 9B12.225 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- INSULYSIN, Insulin-degrading enzyme, insulinase, insulin protease, Abeta-degrading protease
Covance Catalog# MMS-282R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Insulin degrading enzyme (IDE), also known as insulinase, insulin protease or insulysin, cleaves the peptide hormone insulin with consequences for insulin response and resistance. Since its discovery, IDE has been shown to degrade a variety of bioactive peptides. Recently the finding that IDE clears intracellular and extracellular amyloid products has spurred research into the link between IDE function and human neurodegenerative disease such as Alzheimer’s.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Hamster, Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against purified human erythrocyte IDE.
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:1000. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution range of 1:250-1:500 is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is a dilution of 1:150. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody only recognizes isoform 1 at approx. 118 kD, and does not recognize isoform 2 at approx. 54 kD.
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting, immunofluorescence (IF), and immunoprecipitation (IP).
*Predicted MW = ~118 kD (isoform 1), ~54kD (isoform 2)
This antibody does not react with mouse.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- L Gasparini, et al. 2001. J Neurosci. 21:2561. (IP)
- RG Bennett, et al. 2000. Endocrinology. 141:2508. (WB)
- KA Seta, RA Roth. 1997. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 231:167.
- K Shii, RA Roth. 1986. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 83:4147. (IP, WB)
- Chou YH, et al. 2009. FASEB J. 23:3734. (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565391 (BioLegend Cat. No. 921201)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Proteases, Enzymes and Regulators
- Gene ID
- 3416 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Insulin Degrading Enzyme on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.