- Poly8401 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Beta-Secretase 1, Asp 2, Memapsin-2, App Beta-Secretase, Aspartyl Protease 2, Beta-Site App Cleaving Enzyme 1, Beta-Secretase 1 Precursor Variant 1, Transmembrane Aspartic Proteinase Asp2, Membrane-Associated Aspartic Protease 2, Amyloid Beta A4
Covance Catalog# PRB-617C
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Beta-secretase 1 (BACE1) is a novel membrane bound aspartyl protease that cleaves the β-amyloid precursor protein (βAPP) to generate the N-terminus of the Aβ domain. The membrane bound C-terminal fragment generated by the beta secretase cut is subsequently cleaved by the gamma secretase, resulting in the generation and secretion of the Aβ. The amyloidogenic peptide Aβ is a major factor in the etiology of Alzheimer’s disease.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- B690 was raised against a peptide sequence CLRQQHDDFADDISLLK , the C-terminal 17 amino acids of the human BACE1 and recognizes the mature and immature forms of BACE.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
WB, ICC, IP
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1,000
• ICC: 1:300
• IP: 1:200
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting, immunocytochemistry, (ICC) and immunoprecipitation (IP).
Processing of the β-amyloid precursor protein (βAPP) by two endopeptidases, β and γ secretases generates the amyloidogenic peptide Aβ, a major factor in the etiology of Alzheimers disease. The beta secretase is a novel membrane bound aspartyl protease which cleaves the β-APP to generate the N-terminus of the Aβ domain. The membrane bound C-terminal fragment generated by the beta secretase cut is subsequently cleaved by the gamma secretase, resulting in the generation and secretion of Aβ.
Clone also known as B690.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yan R, Han P, Miao H, Greengard P, Xu H. The transmembrane domain of the Alzheimer's beta-secretase (BACEdetermines its late Golgi localization and access to beta -amyloid precursor protein (APP) substrate. J Biol Chem 276(39):36788-36796, 2001. (WB, IP)
- Lysenko LV, et al. 2014. PLoS One.9:114521. (WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565445 (BioLegend Cat. No. 840101)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.