- 2B8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- c-KIT, Stem Cell Factor Receptor (SCFR)
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD117 is a 145 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member also known as c-Kit and stem cell factor receptor (SCFR). It is a transmembrane tyrosine-kinase receptor that binds the c-Kit ligand (also known as steel factor, stem cell factor, and mast cell growth factor). CD117 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells (including multipotent hematopoietic stem cells, progenitors committed to myeloid and/or erythroid lineages, and T and B cell precursors), mast cells, and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells. CD117 interaction with its ligand is critical for the development of hematopoietic stem cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse bone marrow mast cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemistry of acetone fixed frozen sections2, and spatial biology (IBEX)5,6. The 2B8 antibody does not block c-Kit activity.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ikuta K, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:1502. (FC)
- Podd BS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6532. PubMed (IHC)
- Bachelet I, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:6064. PubMed (FC)
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. PubMed (FC)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2783045 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105845)
AB_2783046 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105846)
- Ig superfamily, 145 kD
Hematopoietic stem cells, AML, mast cells
- Growth factor receptor, tyrosine kinase
- Stem Cell Factor (SCF)
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Leukemia, Mast cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Galli SJ, et al. 1994. Adv. Immunol. 55:1.
3. Ikuta K, et al. 1992. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 10:759.
4. Besmer P, et al. 1986. Nature 320:415.
5. Witte ON. 1990. Cell 63:5.
- Gene ID
- 16590 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD117 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Biotin anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
FITC anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PE anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Purified anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
PerCP anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Purified anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
TotalSeq™-A0012 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
TotalSeq™-B0012 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
TotalSeq™-C0012 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)