- B8.2C12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein 3, hepatitis virus cellular receptor 2, CD366
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD366 (Tim-3) is a transmembrane protein also known as T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein-3. Tim-3 is expressed at high levels on Th1 lymphocytes and CD11b+ macrophages. Tim-3 has also been shown to exist as a soluble protein. Cells expressing Tim-3 are present at high levels in the CNS of animals at the onset of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), a disease mediated by lymphocytes secreting Th1-like cytokines. Tim-3 has been proposed to inhibit Th1-mediated immune responses and promote immunological tolerance.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- mTim-3 protein/Freund adjuvant
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone B8.2C12 only binds to the BALB/c allele of Tim-3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1626179 (BioLegend Cat. No. 134005)
AB_1626175 (BioLegend Cat. No. 134006)
- Transmembrane protein containing immunoglobulin domain and mucin-like domain. It can exist as a soluble form lacking mucin and transmembrane domains.
Expressed on activated Th1 lymphocytes, CD11b+ macrophages, and dendritic cells.
- Play a role in regulating macrophage activation, T cell apoptosis and immune tolerance.
- Galectin -9
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Th1
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sabatos CA, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:1102
2. Kuchroo VK, et al. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:454
3. Mooney L, et al. 2002. Nature. 415:536
4. Rodriguez-Manzanet R, et al. 2009. Immunol. Rev. 229(1):259
- Gene ID
- 171285 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD366 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.