- B3B4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FcεRII, IgE Fc Receptor, BLAST-2, Ly-42, B6
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD23 is a 45 kD protein also known as low affinity IgE Fc receptor, FcεRII, BLAST-2, Ly-42, or B6. It is a member of the Ig family, expressed on conventional B (but not B-1) cells and follicular dendritic cells. CD23 responds to high levels of IgE by downregulating IgE secretion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Complex of IgE with Fcε receptor isolated from the mouse B hybridoma cell line O1.2B2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.5 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The B3B4 antibody is useful for blocking IgE activity in vivo. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunofluorescence microscopy, in vitro and in vivo blocking of ligand binding2-4, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Waldschmidt TJ, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:2148. (IP)
- Rao M, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:1845. (Block)
- Oshiba A, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 159:4056. (Block)
- Dasic G, et al. 1999. Eur. J. Immunol. 29:2957. (Block)
- Maeda K, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:2340. (IHC)
- Craig VJ, et al. 2011. Cancer Res. 71:3616. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_493479 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101611)
AB_2103038 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101612)
- C-lectin family, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, 45 kD
B cells, follicular dendritic cells
- Regulates B cell activation
- IgE, CD19/CD21/CD81
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Delespesse G, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 125:77.
3. Flores-Romo L, et al. 1993. Science 261:1038.
- Gene ID
- 14128 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD23 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.